Friday, February 22, 2013

What happens when you you stare at the centers of each object?
What is happening in a student's head when they are disengaged with instruction? How does the responsibility measure out? What can we do differently? Gallery of Visual Illusions

These are the questions that teachers struggle with every day. When I think about how I engage in a learning environment, it helps me to jog my brain with something that may be totally irrevelant to the topic at hand. It helps me to "grab" my focus and re-align it. Sort of a "brain break". Physical movement is also good for this. I have used similar images as those above and the ones found by following the link to do that. The subtle undercurrent is  this "hey, learning can be fun too, it's not always boring.."
Note: This is yet ANOTHER day when the district really should have considered some sort of delay/cancellation AND it's a FRIDAY.... oh well :-/
Have a wonderful weekend!

Elaine H.
2/22/13

No comments:

Post a Comment